Over the weekend Square Enix’s Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn moved into phase four, meaning anyone could participate. Sadly I was not one of them: something went hideously wrong with my FFXIV client and the website kept crashing when I went to re-download it. Sad times indeed. So while I personally don’t have any new and exciting screen shots or insights into this game, some fantastic writers have smashed out their thoughts onto their keyboard and hit publish for our reading pleasure.
- Keen and Graev love almost everything they have experienced so far, with the exception of questing. I tend to agree, but then again, I wonder just how different questing can get.
- Healing the Masses still has a lot of issues with the game, but with a class change and a location change, it seems she’s enjoying herself a lot more this time around.
- Inventory Full has been having a lot of technical issues when it comes to pre-order codes and even getting onto a server! While I’m relieved that I’m not the only one having trouble, it’s never a good thing for a game to be so inaccessible.
- MrHappy is also having technical issues. Which works well for us all since that means he’s done a weekly news wrap up as well! [vlog]
- Massively have put together a guide for those with older characters who returning to the game.
- IRLJasmine has some great points on why “it’s just beta” doesn’t cut it when it comes to the dreaded Error 3102. I agree with her points 100%. It sure would have been nice to escape the starter zones before proper release! Ah well.
The biggest complaint I have heard on Twitter is about the locking of servers once they are full. Here’s hoping that we can free transfer our characters once the open beta excitement dies down and servers are no longer bursting. Not being able to play with friends is a definite downer!
Did you get to play Final Fantasy over the weekend? How are you finding it so far?