When it comes to WildStar, I had done a pretty good job of coming up with reasons not to cough up the $60 required to play it. It’s too bright. It’s too grindy. Do people actually remember how crappy it was organising 40 man raids? Get off my lawn! Have I ever mentioned that I’m hopeless when it comes to rejecting the hype train? My resistance lasted right up until 24 hours before the pre-launch event, when all of a sudden I was pulling out my credit card and buying it. God dammit. Since my computer is basically just a toaster with a monitor plugged into it, I’m a whopping level 10 (AKA. not really ready to put together a thoughtful first impressions post that I can be proud of). Thankfully, there are bloggers out there who are more prepared than I, so lets take a look at what they are saying about the new kid on the block shall we?
- Pete at Dragonchasers offers up a critique that shares a lot of my sentiments heading into the game. Incidentally, he’s also level 10.
- Jeromai talks about how WildStar feels like a blend of several MMO’s. I have gotten that vibe myself, actually.
- Liore talks about how grouping in WildStar is strongly encouraged, even incentivized in some cases. Yay for bringing the social aspect back to MMO’s!
- The Chindividual has released the first of two posts talking about why you should be playing WildStar.
- However, Blessing of Kings is not sold on WildStar at all. Interestingly, the straw that broke the camel’s back involves profanity. I forget that not everyone has a potty mouth like me!
- Keen talks about that feeling of falling behind in MMO’s. I think most of us parents can sympathise with you, Keen!
- Jaedia gives us a great idea of just how immersive WildStar can be.
- Ravven sums up my feelings on end-game being focused on raiding.
- Need more WildStar reading material in your life? Kadomi beat me to it and has put together an impressive list of WildStar bloggers and resources for your convenience. Go check it out!
What about you? Are you hanging out in Nexus? Share with us your impressions of the game in the comments below.
Latest posts by Nicole (see all)
- Farewell, Pandaria - November 13, 2014
- October Bellabox Review - November 3, 2014
- Warlords of Draenor Pre-Launch Shenanigans in Sydney - November 1, 2014