I dunno about you guys, but my 2016 has been weird. Plenty of good things have happened, but so too have plenty of not-so-good things. Here is a quick summary of my 2016 so far, listed in no particular order:
- Disco and I turned 30.
- I fell over during a gym class and ended up in hospital needing surgery for the first time ever.
- I got to work behind the scenes on the Triple J One Night Stand.
- I landed an amazing job that is too good to be true.
- I now have to apply for said amazing job so I can keep it.
- Husband was flown to Sydney to shoutcast the Season One Heroes of the Storm Championships.
- We were in a car accident. We walked away uninjured, but our car was a write-off.
- Katelyn started day care.
- We ran a Hearthstone marquee tournament. It was a failure.
- I met the Premier of Western Australia.
- I became the breadwinner in our house after seven years of being a stay-at-home.
- My Grandad was diagnosed with a brain tumour.
- We adopted a cat (I hate cats).
- I got a behind the scenes tour as as a meet and greet with players during the Western Force v. Bulls Super Rugby match.
- We went to a family reunion.
- I’ve lost 5 kg (11 lb).
- I need to do over 20 hours per week of study if I want to pass my course – that’s not happening.
- Our son has been invited to play Auskick in front of a crowd of 20,000 during the West Coast Eagles v. Melbourne game in a few weeks time.
- I dropped my beloved Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge into the ocean, killing it.
- We booked a trip to the US for BlizzCon.
See what I mean? There is some really cool stuff in there! But there’s some horrible stuff in there as well, and it has got me in a strange place. Like, can I be happy? Or should I just be stressed 99% of the time, because damn. That’s about all I’m feeling right now.
Oh well. On the plus side, my resolutions for 2016 are shaping up nicely. I might actually have a legitimate career in a few weeks time! Fingers crossed my crippling self-doubt and fear of failure don’t get in the way of my dreams, eh?